In today’s post, I want to share a green tea cookie recipe. I love the green tea cookies from Kyotofu and wanted to try making it at home. This is the perfect treat to drink with a cup of warm matcha. It is also such a simple, quick, yummy recipe, there’s no reason not to try it!
Green Tea Cookies (makes about 2 dozen) – recipe from Lovescool
- 3/4 cup – Confectioners sugar
- 5 oz – Unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 3/4 cup – All-purpose flour
- 3 – Large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tbsp – Matcha (powdered green tea)
- 1 cup – Granulated sugar (for dusting)
- Whisk confectioners sugar and matcha/green tea powder together in a bowl.
- Add the butter and green tea/sugar mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Mix until smooth and light in color. Add the flour and mix until well combined.
- Add the egg yolks and mix just until the eggs are fully incorporated and a mass forms.
- Form the dough into a disk and chill in the refrigerator until firm (about 30 minutes).
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough out to ½” thickness.
- Cut the dough with a cookie cutter. Toss each cut cookie in a bowl of granulated sugar to coat.
- Place the sugar-coated cookie on a parchment lined pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until slightly golden around the edges.